Difference Between Paid and Free Accounts
When you think about a free Gator account, the idea is to give you the necessary tools to quickly and easily build a website yourself. After all, the website builder was created to be an easy to learn, do-it-yourself option. We believe that even the most novice users will be able to walk into the website builder and get started using only necessary computer skills like “copy and pasting” or “drag and dropping” items.
All accounts (paid or free) have the same look and feel and receive the same level of care when you contact support*, however, the most significant difference is that you can do more with a paid account through the use of features like Priority Support, An Unlimited Builder, Ad Credits and Site Statistics for measuring traffic. Since there's no coding, drafting or development knowledge needed in either case, that means it’s just you, your builder and your imagination; free to explore the limits of the tool until your heart's content. Keep reading to find out more about how upgraded accounts differ.
What’s the Difference between Paid and Free Accounts?
- Using a free Gator account is excellent for testing and getting familiar with the different account features. Although phone support is limited, you can still build and host a custom website using hundreds of our premium themes.
- Free accounts (even paid accounts downgraded to free) will not be able to link their domains (whether 3rd party or local) to their site unless they upgrade.
- Free Accounts will have Gator banner ads placed inconspicuously on their pages.
- Effective September 2018, all free accounts will be unable to upload files (excluding images) directly into the designer without upgrading.
- Beginning in October 2018, Customers already using free accounts will need to upgrade before this date to continue linking domains to their account; otherwise, this link will break.
Benefits of a Paid Gator Account:Upgrading your account gives you access to advanced features like Unlimited Pages, Website Statistics, Priority Support, and eCommerce capabilities. All upgraded accounts gain access to these various features and more that will allow you to achieve greater success online. For example, with Priority Support, you get instant access faster access to our support agents who continuously receive training in the overall usability of the website builder and your SiteBuilder account
Upgrading your account gives you access to advanced features like:
- Unlimited Pages
- Linked Domains
- Website Statistics
- Priority Support
- Favicon Implementation
- eCommerce capabilities.
- Forms Notifications
- Custom HTML blocks
- Document Uploads
All upgraded accounts gain access to these various features and more that will allow you to achieve greater success online. For example, with Priority Support, you get instant access to our support agents continuously train in the overall usability of the website builder and your Gator account.