default.html, Start Page
default.html is a home page provided by HostGator. You may delete it at any time.
Usually, the default page will not show anymore when you publish your website.
Here is the easiest way to change the home page:
- Log in to cPanel.
- Navigate to the Files section, then click on the File Manager icon.
- Navigate to your public_html and go inside the folder where you find the default.html.
- Create a New File.
If you want to upload files quicker and have more options and control, we recommend using an FTP Program.
- Name the new file index.html.
- Whatever you put inside the index.html file will be your new home page.
- If you still see the default page, try refreshing (reloading) your site or clearing your browser cache.
For instructions on how to clear your browser cache, see this article How Do I Clear My Web Browser's Cache?