Creating a Shipping Label
Creating a shipping label is an excellent new feature added to the Gator eCommerce stores! Now you can quickly prepare your orders for shipping seamlessly from your account using Integrated Shipping.
With Integrated Shipping by Shippo, handling all the heavy work, you can save time and money by quickly printing a shipping label for the orders that get placed in your store. In this article, we will cover how to create, publish, and manage your shipping labels.
Important note: Printing a shipping label through your store will incur a charge of $0.05 (five cents, paid to Shippo) to cover processing on certain carriers. Shipping costs will be calculated directly from the carriers - ie. UPS, USPS, FedEx, etc.
Create a Shipping Label:
Once your store is set up and you have received an order, you can view, manage and print shipping labels by following these instructions:
- Begin within your Store Home page.
- Once on your Manage Store screen, select Orders from the left-hand toolbar to display your in-progress orders. Protip: The orders option will only be visible once you have received your first order.
- Select an Order to display that Order's Details.
- Look for and select the Create Shipping Label button.
- A pop-up will appear where you will confirm the ordered items in the shipment, then click Continue.
- Next, confirm the shipping information and customer details are correct. Make any changes necessary then choose Continue.
- Confirm your package size dimensions or make any changes needed. These dimensions will be auto-filled from your default package size settings. Click Continue to proceed.
- On the next screen confirm the label format you would like to use and pay for the shipping by selecting Purchase. By default the same option the customer chose during checkout will be selected, but you can always choose an alternate for speed or reliability. Please note: If there is a difference in the shipping price selected vs the shipping price the customer paid, they will not see an additional charge. Any difference will be covered by the store owner.
Printing Shipping Labels:
- Once you have purchased the shipping label, it can be printed immediately by clicking Print my label in the next window after you click Purchase.
- This will open the label in a new tab or download as a PDF (or custom default) file to your computer.
- If you are not ready to print you can choose Do this later and then print at a later time. You will be able to access that label through the item details menu at any time.
- Select Print Shipping Label to open the label in a new tab or download as a PDF (or custom default) file to your computer.
That's It! Your label can now be affixed to the package and shipped with your carrier.
Note: If Free shipping at a minimum value applies, a store customer will be able to select whichever shipping method they prefer. The cheapest option will be default IF the store customer did not override free in favor of expedited shipping.