Create a Page Folder in BaseKit
As of June 19, 2013, BaseKit is unavailable on new Shared (SW) accounts; however, WordPress is an excellent alternative to this builder. The instructions on how to install WordPress are discussed in the article: How to Install WordPress With Softaculous.
Creating a page folder in Basekit allows you to organize your pages by creating a sub navigation structure. To make a new page folder:
- Hover over the ADD menu at the top of the navigation panel.
- Click Create Folder.
- Give the new folder a name.
If the Create Folder Home Page check box is checked, a page called "Index" will be created inside the folder automatically.
Adding Pages to Your New Folder
Once you have created your new folder, you can add pages to it to establish some navigation. There are two ways to add a page to your new folder: you can create a new page or add an existing page as detailed in the instructions below.
Note: You cannot simply drag and drop an existing page into your new folder.
- In the left menu, hover over the page that you wish to move into the folder.
- Click the adjacent down arrow.
- From the drop-down list, click Name and URL, and a pop-up window will open.
- Under Move Page to, click the drop-down box and select the folder that you wish to move the page to.
- Click the Save button to move the page to its new folder.