Configuring IPhone/IPad mail
Using your iPhone to have quick access to your email is a logical necessity in today's modern world. If you have set up an email address with HostGator, and wish to send and receive your domain specific email using the Mail application on your iPhone or iPad, then this article is for you!
In this section, we will cover the necessary information needed to set up your 3rd party mail client. For more detailed information on setting up mac mail, feel free to review this support article directly from Apple: https://support.apple.com/
Pro Tip: Since there are so many different types of phones, tablets, computers, Mac versions, and networks involved, this article will cover only the basic settings you will need. It's always recommended to reach out to someone who understands your device from a professional standpoint should you experience issues setting up email on a third-party mail client. This article, by no means, should serve as a comprehensive guide covering computer/phone specifics.
Setting Up iPhone/Ipad Mail:
First, you will have the option to: Set up manually OR Set up automatically
We recommend setting up automatically if you use an email provider like iCloud, Google, or Yahoo Mail because most modern mail providers can be automatically set up with just your email address and password.
- Go to Settings then Accounts & Passwords and tap Add Account.
- Tap your email provider.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Tap Next and wait for Mail to verify your account.
- From your email account, choose information like Contacts or Calendars that you want to see on your device.
- Tap Save.
Setting up your email account manually
You need to know the email settings of your account if you are manually setting it up. If you need help with the settings, you can look them up or contact your email provider. You can also use the Generic Email Client Settings to configure your email client.
To manually configure your email, follow these steps:
- Access Settings > Accounts & Passwords and choose Add Account.
- Tap Other, then choose Add Mail Account.
- Provide your name, as well as email address, password, and a description for your account.
- Tap Next. Mail will try to detect the email settings and finish your account setup.
- Tap Next
- Choose IMAP (recommended) or POP.
- Add the information for Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server.
- Tap Next. If you don't have the information with you, check the web or reach out to your email provider.
- Tap save to complete the setup once you got the email settings correct. If the settings are incorrect, the information should be edited.
If in any case you're still unable to save the email settings, you will be needing to reach out to your email provider.