Cloud Sites - Server Usage Dashboard
From your Server Usage Dashboard you will be able to upgrade or downgrade your CPU and RAM, view your page load speed, server uptime, site availability, and even carefully monitor your CPU and Memory usage:
- Access the Server Usage Dashboard
- Upgrade/Downgrade Resources
- Page Load Speed and Server Uptime
- Site Availability and Visitor Stats
- CPU and Memory Usage Monitor
Access the Server Usage Dashboard
To access your Server Usage Dashboard from your HostGator Billing Portal:
- Click the Hosting tab at the top of the page.
- Select your Cloud Sites account from the dropdown menu.
- Click the Server Performance icon from the menu bar at the top of the page.
From this Dashboard you will be able to both monitor the performance of your website as well as upgrade or downgrade your resources to appropriately match your resources to your usage.
Page Load Speed and Server Uptime
Cloud Sites provides you with some excellent tools to ensure your page is running at the fastest speeds and report your uptime and availability:
The Page Load Speed statistic will tell you how quickly your site loads when a visitor attempts to access it. The Server Uptime monitor lets you know your average server uptime.
Site Availability and Visitor Stats
The next section of your dashboard will provide you with information about which locations in the world your site is accessible from, as well as information about your visitors, the bandwidth they're using, how many visitors you have, and how many times they visited your page.
The following statistics are in the Visitors Stats section:
- Bandwidth: The amount of bandwidth your visitors are using.
- Visitors: The number of unique visitors to your site.
- Hits: The number of times your page is accessed by visitors.
CPU and Memory Usage Monitor
In this section you may measure how much of your allotted CPU and Memory your site is using at any given time:
HostGator advises that if your average site load is above 50% or your peak site load is over 70% that you increase your resources to better server your site to visitors.