Checkout Analytics is an excellent feature that allows you to integrate more tools into your web presence and store. Under the Tracking section, Store owners can enter scripts for each customer checkout page and track conversion rates in third-party software like Google Analytics, Facebook, and Instagram. This is essential for you to understand your customers and also to identify potential markets for business growth.
Take Note: A script is an HTML element that is used to execute a process or program. These scripts are inputted on the analytics tool so you can review your business data in a human-readable format.
If you would like to learn more about these topics, we recommend checking out the Google Analytics article. But with all of this, adding these scripts doesn't need to be that complicated, so follow these steps below for you to get started.
Adding your Scripts:
In this case, you would have already signed up for a third-party service, Like Google Analytics, and obtained the script from them or the vendor of the tool.
- From your main dashboard, select Store in the left-hand toolbar.
- Click Manage Store on the store you would like to track.
- Click Settings.
- Click Advanced.
- Click Edit under the Tracking tab.
- Once the Tracking field loads, you will see the different areas for entering information.
- Next, enable tracking to the area you would like by toggling the corresponding switch on and paste your script into the desired or specified section needed.
- Click Save Tracking.