- GATOR WEBSITE BUILDER CONTENT -
This content only applies to Gator Website Builder hosting plans which are accessible by going to app.gator.com.
For more articles, check out the HostGator Gator Website Builder category
or directly access the Gator Knowledge Base.
Checkout Analytics is an excellent feature that allows you to integrate more tools into your web presence and store. Under the Tracking section, Store owners can enter scripts for each customer checkout page and track conversion rates in third-party software like Google Analytics, Facebook, and Instagram. This is essential for you to understand your customers and identify potential markets for business growth.
Take Note: A script is an HTML element used to execute a process or program. These scripts are inputted into the analytics tool so you can review your business data in a human-readable format.
If you want to learn more about these topics, we recommend checking out the Google Analytics article. But with all of this, adding these scripts doesn't need to be that complicated, so follow these steps below for you to get started.
Adding your Scripts:
In this case, you would have already signed up for a third-party service, Like Google Analytics, and obtained the script from them or the tool vendor.
- Log in to your Gator account and select Store from the left-hand menu.
- Click Manage Store on the store you would like to track.
- Click Settings.
- Click Advanced.
- Click Edit under the Tracking tab.
- Once the Tracking field loads, you will see the different areas for entering information.
- Next, enable tracking to the area you want by toggling the corresponding switch and pasting your script into the desired or specified section needed.
- Click Save Tracking.