Checkout Analytics are an excellent feature that allows you to integrate more tools into your web presence and store. Under the Tracking section, Store owners can enter scripts for each page of the customer checkout that can be used to track conversion rates in third-party software like Google Analytics, Facebook, and Instagram.
In this article, we will take a brief look at where you can enter your scripts into the store settings of your website.
Pro Tip: If terms like "Scripts" or "Analytics" seem to be a little confusing, no worries, these are terms/tools that web developers use to track the movement of traffic on pages. If you would like to learn more about this area, we recommend checking out the Google Analytics article.
Adding your Scripts:
A script is a bit of HTML code that has the purpose of acting. In this case, you would have already signed up for third party service, Like Google Analytics, and obtained the script from them or the vendor of the tool. Keep reading to see what to do with that script.
- From your main dashboard, select Store in the left-hand toolbar.
- Click Manage Store on the store you would like to track.
- Click Settings.
- Click Advanced.
- Click Edit under the Tracking tab.
- Once the Tracking field loads, you will see the different areas for entering information.
- Next, enable tracking to the area you would like by toggling the corresponding switch on and paste your script into the desired or specified section needed.
- Click Save Tracking.