Changing Theme Colors in the Express Editor
Looking for help for the Gator Website Builder product? Please see Gator's Knowledge Base.
This content only applies to those using Gator Website Builder.
- Begin by launching your website editor by choosing Edit Site.
- Click on the Theme button at the top of the editor.
- Options to change colors will appear. You can choose between a light and a dark theme. When changing the color scheme from light to dark, it will affect the color of the text to contrast the background; most sections will change when switching from light to dark but some sections with background colors added will not change.
- If you would like to change individual colors, you may start by selecting the Color Tile you’d like to swap out.
- Then move the Slider Bar from right to left to get the desired color range.
- Next, you can click and drag the pointer inside the Color Window to select the shade you want.
- If you want to enter a HEX Code to get a specific color, you may do so by entering the code in the box provided labeled HEX.
- The drop-down next to the Hex box, offers more options. Ie. RGBA, HSVA The colors will automatically change on the site as you select them.
- If you are looking to select different colors altogether you can start by clicking the Explore Color Themes link.
- You can choose from the Minimal, Bright, or Pastel categories.
- If you would like to see more choices for color themes within these categories, you may select the Load More button, giving you endless color combinations. After finding the theme you want for your site, click your selection to apply the colors to your site.
- Once you have selected your color theme you will be able to select from these colors to change things like text, buttons, and section background colors.
- Once you are finished be sure to Save and Publish your changes to make them live.
If you need help changing your section background click Change section Background.