Change Domain Details
Periodically, you may need to make updates to the contact information that appears on the domain registration details. Typically, this occurs because ownership of the domain has transferred to someone new, or maybe the contact information has changed over time. In either case, making sure you have the correct Name, Address and Email is essential to verifying and maintaining ownership of the domain.
This article will cover how to update the domain contact information, which is also the legal ownership information of the domain name. Keep in mind, doing this will cause the domain name to enter a locked state. If you are trying to update the domain DNS check out this help guide:
To update your domain ownership information:
- From your main account dashboard, select Domains from the left-hand menu.
- Next, select the arrow next to your domain in your My Domains list that you need to update.
- Scroll down to the Registration Details info card and select Edit Details from the Details page.
- A pop-up will appear for you to change the current contact information.
- Hit Save, and you're done! You may receive an email confirming these details.