Change Contact Form Email
Setting up a contact form on your page is one of, if not, the essential pieces for building a website; next to having a phone number or a street address listed.
Have you recently upgraded your email to a domain-specific address and now need to change where your contact forms notify you at? Perfect, you're in the right place! Giving visitors an up to date and accurate way to reach you means you're more likely to get the results you set out to get! In this article, we will learn how to change your contact form email quickly.
Pro Tip: Although you may use multiple email addresses for notifications, the drag and drop builder's contact forms can only support one address at a time. If you need to receive notifications at multiple addresses, we recommend setting up email forwards from the first address that point to the other addresses.
Updating the Contact Form email
- Log into your HostGator website editor and begin on the page that contains your contact form. Pro Tip: If you are updating multiple forms with different fields, you will have to run through these steps separately for each form.
- Click on the Form to see its settings tool-bar appear directly above the form.
- From the settings tool-bar, select the More option to expand the menu.
- From the expanded menu, select Advanced to see the Advanced Settings Menu appear.
- From the Advanced Settings Menu in the right-hand corner, select Settings.
- Enter your new email in the space under Email Address. (Forwarded Addresses will be available from your email client's settings.)
- You’ve now completed all the steps needed to update your contact form! To begin receiving emails from this contact form make sure to use the buttons at the top to Save and Publish your site for the changes to go live.
Pro Tip: It's essential that you PUBLISH your website to see these changes. For more information about adding a sign-up form or checking form submissions you can review: Add A Signup Form (VIDEO)