Change Assigned Website on Domain
- GATOR WEBSITE BUILDER CONTENT -
Modifying your assigned domain name
You may need to change the domain name used to access your website for several reasons. If you have multiple sites and domains within your HostGator account or if you happen to create a new website design, you can quickly and easily change the domain name assigned to that website from the domains section of your account. You may also need to make this change if you receive a 404 error when viewing your site.
This article will discuss how to change the assigned website on your domain name. If you need to link a new domain name to your account with us, check out:
To change your domain name on your website builder:
- Select the Domains section from your main account dashboard and choose the domain you would like to reassign.
- Under Details from the Overview info card, you will see either Assigned or Not Assigned to the right in a drop-down menu.
- Click on this drop-down menu to choose which website you would like this domain name assigned to (you may also see the ability to Unassign depending on your account type).
- If you have the right plan, this will automatically save once selected.