Cancel Gator Accounts
Hosting Accounts you signup for through your Gator account are set to automatically renew, per the Terms of Service agreed to upon signup. The cost for your yearly subscriptions will vary depending on the term length and plan type you have selected. All services should be paid before their respective expiration dates in order to avoid interruption of service.
If for some reason you would like your account to not automatically renew, or if you would like to cancel your account, continue reading.
Cancel Your Account:
You can request a cancellation of your Gator account in the following ways:
- Email into support: If you would like to permanently delete your account, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our support team members will reach back out to you within 48 business hours with confirmation.
- Call or Chat into support: Speak with a live Agent to get instant account cancellations or set a date at least 15 days prior to your bill date for the account expire.
- Turn off Automatic Renewal: Keep reading below to see the steps for turning off automatic renewals.
Turning off Automatic Renewals:
You can turn off the automatic renewal feature from within your WebsiteBuilder account by navigating to the following area:
- Log into your Gator account and select the tab My Account from the left navigation.
- From the My Account Screen, Select Services in the top left menu bar.
- To the right of the Plans, select the 3 vertical dots known as "the kebab menu."
- A new menu will appear with the options to Reassign or Do Not Renew. Select the Do not Renew option to turn off automatic renewals.
- A pop up will appear to confirm your selection. To proceed, click Confirm Cancellation.
*Keep in mind: The "Do Not Renew" option only turns off the automatic charge that would have occurred on the account. This means your account will stay active until the service is completely expired. Your account should still generate an invoice, which will remain open; until the invoice is 45 days past due (unpaid), then, the relevant services for that invoice will be canceled/ disregarded by the system.
- Once you have confirmed the cancellation of auto renewal, you will see a success bar at the bottom of the page showing the action is processing.