Buy a Domain With Gator
After you have already created your HostGator account, you may decide you would like to build a new website. Doing so involves either purchasing a new domain name or linking a domain that you already own, to your account with us.
In this article, we will learn how to purchase a new domain should you require. If you need help Linking a Domain, you already own, check out: How To Link A Domain.
To purchase a new domain:
- Select the Buy A NEW DOMAIN option from the first info card titled: Search for a domain name.
2. From the Search Pop-up that appears, type out a cool domain name to see if it is available.
(If the domain you would like is not possible the menu below will make some alternative selections for you.)
3. Select the Blue button to the right of the domain option you would like to purchase.
(The price you see on the blue buttons are the registration costs for one year.)
4. On the next screen, you will select between 1-3 years registration and click next.
5. With include Domain Privacy with your new Registration!
(To learn more about Domain Privacy, check out the Domain Privacy Guide.)
6. Finally, confirm the information that will appear on your domains Registration Details also found on the WhoIs database.
That's it! Once you Confirm Purchase, you will land back inside your main account dashboard within the domains section.