Customer Portal - Manage Packages
The Packages page presents your hosting package information, including your package status, account username, plan type, IP address, server name, plan price, renewal date, and login URL. You can also enable shell access, reset your control panel password, and update your primary domain from within this area of your Customer Portal.
View Hosting Packages
To view your package information:
- Log into your Customer Portal at https://portal.hostgator.com/
- If you cannot remember your password, click on the Forgot Password link below the login area, then follow the instructions emailed to the primary email address on file.
- Select Hosting from the left-hand side menu:
From here, you can view all of the hosting packages that you've purchased from HostGator.
Filter Hosting Packages
You may use the Search bar at the top of the Packages page to filter the packages shown or to find a particular package.
Manage Hosting Packages
You can manage the hosting packages within your billing account by selecting the Manage menu for the individual package you wish to manage.
This will allow you to reset the control panel password for the package or change the domain name.
Resetting Your Package Password:
- Select Settings for the package you wish to update, and then Reset Password.
- Enter the password you wish to use going forward.
Note: We recommend you use the Generate a Password feature outlined below to ensure your new password is secure.
- Select Change Password.
How to Change Your Primary Domain Name:
For complete instructions on changing your primary domain, please refer to our article:
Using the Generate A Password Feature to Reset Your Package Password
Ensuring you have a strong password is the best step towards protecting your sensitive information, but sometimes it can be a challenge to create unique passwords that fit your security needs. This Generate A Password Feature does the hard work for you and provides you with a safe and secure password of your desired length.
To generate a password:
- Select Settings for the package you wish to update and then Reset Password.
- Select the Generate A Password tab.
- Enter the Number of Digits you wish the password to be.
Note: "Number of Digits" refers to the amount of characters within your newly generated password. It does not indicate that all characters will be numeric.
- Select Generate.
- If you are not satisfied with the new password, you can select Generate again to have a new prospective password generated for you. You can also edit the Number of Digits if you would like to make the password longer or shorter.
- If you are satisfied with your new password, please ensure you save it somewhere safe and then Change Password.
For additional information on requesting a new package password, please refer to the following article: