Backing Up Roundcube Email
Webmail access is not only a convenient way to manage your email, but it’s also a usual avenue for troubleshooting and backing up your email, should you run into issues requiring you to do so.
In this article, we will cover what to do to go about securing a backup of the email within a particular folder in your Roundcube webmail.
Backing up email:
- To begin, first, navigate to the email section of your HostGator account.
- Ensure that you have an email set up by checking the List of addresses.
- Look for the Launch Webmail button towards the top right-hand corner of the Manage Email Addresses screen.
- You will land on a screen where you can enter your email address and password to log in.
- If you have forgotten your password, you can update that from the Manage Email Addresses screen by selecting the kebab menu (3 stacked dots) next to the word Active from your list of email addresses.
- Once you land inside your webmail’s main account screen, you’ll see your emails.
- Select the Kebab Menu at the top of your email list.
- Choose Select.
- Then, select All. Pro Tip: You may also select all of your emails by clicking the first one, holding down shift, and selecting the last one. You can also choose individual emails by holding down Ctrl on Windows and Cmd on Mac, and then select each of the emails you want.
- Next, click on the three dots at the top of the screen to reveal the More menu.
- From this drop-down menu, select Download.
- Once you select a file type, a file will appear in the Downloads folder on your computer.
- That’s it! Repeat the process for the different folders in the account like your sent, junk, or custom folders.
Pro Tip: Using third-party mail clients as outlook or Thunderbird may also give you this ability as well, which is always a good idea to have multiple backup solutions.