Application Vault - Plesk
Plesk has an entire Application Vault you can install website software from, including popular titles such as WordPress, Drupal, and Joomla. The Application Vault makes installing, setting up, and managing these applications easy and integrates them into Plesk as much as possible. Plesk also knows how to manage software installed via the Application Vault when it takes backups. In other words, if there is an application you would like to install on your site and it's in the Vault, you are encouraged to use the Vault whenever possible.
How to Use the Application Vault
The Plesk Application Vault is quick and easy to use from the Control Panel for the specified domain.
- Log in to the Control Panel for the domain you wish to install the software for.
- Click the Applications tab in the left-hand menu.
- From here, you will have 3 options to install or manage applications:
- Manage My Applications: This will allow you to manage or remove previously installed applications.
- Featured Applications: This is a short list filtered by the most popular applications available.
- All Available Applications: This is a complete list of all applications available to the user.
When you click on the application, you will generally be asked for a small about information, such as the location you wish to install the software to or for a preferred username:
Configuring the Application Vault
Users with administrative access to Plesk on a Windows Dedicated server will configure their Application Vault. If the Application Vault is not configured, it will allow you and your customers to install several programs without an extra fee. However, what makes this more powerful is limiting what software your different Service Plans are allowed to install.
To control what your customers can access in the Application Vault:
- Log in to Plesk as the admin user.
- Click on Service Plans and then select the Plan Name in question.
- Click on Applications and then check the box that says Provide only applications that I select.
- From the Applications box that appears, choose which applications you want the selected service plan to install.
- Click on the >> button and repeat until you select all preferred applications.
- Click Update and Sync.
This will update all accounts that are already part of the service plan you selected unless customized and locked for syncing.
To verify your changes have taken effect:
- Click Subscriptions in the left-hand panel.
- Click on Control Panel for a subscription that has the type of service plan you modified.
- Once you have logged in to the Control Panel for the subscription, click on Applications.
You should only see the applications you have chosen under Featured Applications or All Available Applications for this Subscription.