One of the fastest growing and exciting features of your HostGator accounts is the ability to use “add-ons” from the App Market. AppMarket is a marketplace for developers to create apps and for customers to find, install, and use add-ons with their SiteBuilder account. If you are familiar with “applications,” then you know they are designed to give additional features or functionalities to something such as a website, smartphone, or computer.
This article will cover:
- How to Access the App Market
- How to Add or Purchase Add-ons
- Managing Add-ons
- Billing Preferences
- How to Get Help with an App
- From the main dashboard of your HostGator account, you can access the App Market by selecting it from the left-hand menu, or by clicking the Site Actions tab next to the Edit Site button and selecting View Apps.
- Once you are on the Apps Home screen you will see:
- Recommended: Either highly rated or widely used recommended add-ons.
- Marketing: For any add-ons that are Marketing related.
- Select one of the available apps to pull up its details and reviews card.
Carefully read through the information given, including the billing details and support information. When you are ready, select the Get this App button to begin the process.
- If needed, you can manage your Apps Billing from the My Account section in the left-hand menu.
- From here, navigate to the Services tab at the top.
- Next scroll down to the Apps section to see the app you would like to manage.
Protip: Apps will launch in their own frame, a separate window, or some (like eCommerce Store) must be used from within your website editor.
- Free: The app will be available to use for the life of its use.
- Recurring Subscriptions: Monthly, Annual, Semi-annual, Bi-annual plans where available.
- One-Time Fee: A single payment for lifetime use of the addon.
This means, in times of app malfunction or failure, the first avenue is to reach out to the creator (developer) to ensure they have resolved any internal issues. If you are still unable to solve the technical problems after reaching out to the developer or if they determine the problem is not on their end, feel free to reach out to our support channels.