One of the fastest-growing and exciting features of your HostGator accounts is the ability to use add-ons from the App Market. App Market is a marketplace for developers to create apps and for customers to find, install, and use add-ons with their SiteBuilder account. If you are familiar with applications, then you know they are designed to give additional features or functionalities to something such as a website, smartphone, or computer.
This article will cover:
- How to Access the App Market
- How to Add or Purchase Add-ons
- Managing Add-ons
- Billing Preferences
- How to Get Help with an App
How to Access App Market
- From the main dashboard of your account, you can access the App Market by selecting it from the left-hand menu or by clicking the Site Actions tab next to the Edit Site button and selecting View Apps.
- Once you are on the Apps Home screen, you will see:
- Recommended - Either highly rated or widely used recommended add-ons
- Business - All Business related add-ons
- Marketing - All Marketing related add-ons
- Security - All Security related add-ons
How to Add or Purchase Add-ons
- Select one of the available apps to pull up its details and review card.
- Carefully read through the information, including the billing and support information. When ready, select the Get this App button to begin the process.
Once added, you will land back on your main account dashboard, and the Apps section will display the app you just purchased, and it will automatically be activated.
- You can manage your Apps Billing from the My Account section in the left-hand menu if needed.
- From here, navigate to the Services tab at the top.
- Next, scroll down to the Apps section to see the app you want to manage.
Each app will have a different set of billing preferences than the next. In most cases, you'll see one or all of the following options:
- Free: The app will be available to use for the life of its use.
- Recurring Subscriptions: Monthly, Annual, Semi-annual, and Bi-annual plans where available.
- One-Time Fee: A single payment for lifetime use of the add-on.
All payments are obtained and handled by HostGator in-relation-to add-ons. For issues relating to payments, cancellations, or refunds, please reach out to us for assistance.
Getting Help with an App
When you think about an application, as the purchaser, it's important to remember that these apps are managed by a team of professionals whose core focus is to update and maintain the functionality of that application.
In times of app malfunction or failure, the first avenue is to reach out to the creator (developer) to ensure they have resolved any internal issues. If you are still unable to solve the technical problems after reaching out to the developer or determine the problem is not on their end, feel free to reach out to our support channels.