Adding Links in the Express Editor
Looking for help for the GATOR Builder by HostGator Website Builder product? Please see GATOR's Knowledge Base.
This content only applies to those using GATOR Builder by HostGator.
To Add a Link
You can choose between:
- To begin, launch the site editor by choosing Edit Site from your account.
- Select the Text, Image, or Button you would like to add the link to, and a bar menu will appear above the selected item.
- Choose the Icon for Insert Link and a link-management window will open.
- On the left side, you can choose the type of link you would like to add to the button or image.
Pro Tip: Make sure to include the HTTP:// or HTTPS:// (You can also change whether or not the new page will load in the same tab or open a new tab.)
- No Link - No linking feature.
- Page - will let you link to any page on the site you are currently working on. You can turn on if when clicked, the new page will load in the same tab or open a new tab.
- Web Address - will let you add a link to any site on the web.
- Email address - will open the user’s email client and automatically input the recipient email address. It will also allow you to enter the subject line that you would like prefilled when they click the button.
- Phone Number - When on a mobile device the phone link will open their phone app and add the entered number into the dialer.