Adding Alt Text To Images Within The Express Editor
Looking for help for the Gator Website Builder product? Please see Gator's Knowledge Base.
This content only applies to those using Gator Website Builder.
Adding Alt Text to images on your website is a great way to make it accessible to all visitors as well as boost your ranking on Google. All photos added from our free photo library will automatically have alt text added, but we provide you the freedom to add and edit alt text on all images selected or manually uploaded.
- Begin by launching into your intelligent editor from your account Home.
- Add an image or select an existing image on your website, and you will see a toolbar appear over the image.
- Within the toolbar click the icon on the far right that looks like a label with the text ALT.
- You will now see a small window open on your editor titled Alt Text. Within the text box enter the verbiage you would like about the image. You will want this to be a brief description of what you see in the image no more than 1-2 sentences.
- Once you’re happy with your description click Apply on the bottom right to save the text to the image.
- The window will close and you are finished! You can now continue to add more alt text to images or save and publish these changes to the web.