Adding a Twitter Feed to your Page in BaseKit
You can add the latest posts from any public Twitter account to your page using the Twitter widget.
Let's begin by dragging this content down to make room for our Twitter feed.
Adding a Title (optional)
Let's add a title to this section using an instance of the Text Block widget (optional).
- Drag the Text Block widget to the location where you are about to place the Twitter feed.
- Select the sample text in the text block and delete it.
- Type the title of this section, such as "Our Twitter Feed" or whatever you would like.
- Click on "Styles" on the text block menu.
- Click on "heading 2." or whatever style you prefer.
Adding the Twitter Feed
The Twitter widget is located in the SOCIAL section of the widgets panel.
- Drag an instance of the social widget onto your desired location.
- Click on the widgets gear icon to display the properties panel.
- Type in a Twitter username here and run a search for a feed.
- You can also adjust how often this feed should be updated.
- You can toggle whether or not is displays retweets.
- Also the maximum number of tweets that can be displayed at any given time can also be adjusted.
At this time, the Twitter feed is live and fully functional.
Setting the Background Color of the Section (optional)
Let's perform an additional step to further integrate it into this particular web design (optional).
- We will grad an instance of the Background widget and place it on our page.
- We will then change the color from transparent to white, and adjust the size of the inner padding.
- Next we drag the previous two widgets, and drop them inside of the background widget.
- As the final step, we will adjust the placement of the previous content.
Congratulations! You now know how to add a great looking Twitter feed to any of your pages.