Add A Menu
Site Menus are important tools for organizing your pages and helping people to find the content they are looking for. Whether it is a full navigation bar or a "back-to-the-top" button at the bottom of a large text page, creating an easy to walkthrough website is essential to keeping people engaged with your content.
In this article, we will cover how to add "Site Navigation" known as a "Menu" and How to add a "Button Menu" also referred to as a "Hamburger menu" or "Mobile menu" as well as how to add a "Sections Menus" and "back-to-top/bottom buttons."
Adding Site Navigation:
From the Elements tab, you can add menus anywhere on your page by selecting Site Navigation.
From the Site Navigation section, you will see 5 options you can add to the page.
- Menu = Standard Site navigation bar with page names
- Button Menu = A small, 3 lined navigation bar that lists page names when clicked
- Sections Menu = A large button style navigation of the page sections
- Scroll Top/Bottom = Takes the user to the top/bottom of a page when clicked
The options are as follows:
- To add a new menu, click the appropriate icon and place it where you want it on your page.
There are 2 ways you can access your Manage Pages section.
First, click the Manage Pages tab in the Navigation Toolbar that appears when you click the menu.
Secondly, you can click the Pages tab in the left-hand menu of the editor and select Manage Pages to get the Manage Pages pop-up menu.
From the Manage Pages Pop-up Menu, you can add pages to the navigation, update page names, create drop-down menus, and more.
You can also click on the other icons from the Navigation Toolbar for quick access to add new pages, duplicate pages, and more.
From the Navigation Toolbar you can:
- Manage Pages (Edit the name, re-order the pages, delete pages)
- Add Overlays or Animations
- Change Design of the Navigations look
- Send Layer Back or Bring Layer Forward. (In front of or behind elements.)
- Duplicate or Delete layer
- More options (Gives more Color options, Docking, Shadow and Glow features.)