Add A Hyperlink To An Element
Learn how to turn an element into a hyperlink to make navigating your website easier than ever. You can apply the link methods below to any element when the universal hyperlink icon is present in that Element’s toolbar.
In this article, we will discuss how to link Elements like images, shapes, and text.
Once you’ve added or selected an Element, such as an image, text, or a shape, you can add an external link or link to another page completing the following:
- First, you'll need to add or select the Element by clicking directly on it.
- Once you select the Element, its toolbar will appear either above or below the element where you will see the Chainlink icon.
- You can attach a link to almost any Element; like images, shapes, or icons to make unique buttons. You can also highlight text and select the Attach Link option from the text toolbar.
- Once you click on the hyperlink button to attach a link, you will see a Pop-up menu appear with various options for linking.
Once you open the Attach hyperlink pop-up, you will have the following options:
- Website Page: Click the drop-down menu and select an existing page from your website to link an Element to a page.
- URL: You can paste in your URL to point people externally or to your shop site.
- Email or Phone: You can also make links that have the effect of calling or opening up the user's Email client. Pro Tip: On mobile phones especially, linking your telephone number in this manner will allow people to automatically call you. Adding your email to the email section will also cause the user's email client to open so they can send you a message.
- Document: You can also make a document link which essentially will cause the user to download whatever document you attach to the link.
Clicking the Document option will give you a pop-up menu where you can:
- Upload files into the #3 section.
- Sort Documents into Folders.
- Manage Documents Individually
- Cancel/Confirm Upload
- No Link: To remove a link that is already saved to an Element, click on the link, click the Attach Link button, and select the No Link button in the popup.
- Once you have made your selection choose Ok at the bottom.
- Make sure to Save and Publish your changes to make them live.
Pro Tip: One important aspect of SEO is backlinking. Backlinking is basically when any website links to another website. Doing this can give your site a reputation that can be tracked and used to rank you higher in search engines, rather than other sites that may not be recommended or have the best content.