Accessing Web Disk and WebDav
Web Disk (also known as WebDAV) is a drag-and-drop interface in cPanel which allows you to access your website's files as if it were a local drive on your computer. (The same results can be accomplished using FTP via Windows Explorer.)
The following video tutorial will guide you through the steps of how to connect to Web Disk.
Connect to Web Disk
Typical connection instructions:
- Log in to cPanel.
- In the Files section, click the Web Disk icon.
- Scroll down to the Main Web Disk Account section and click Access Web Disk.
- Choose your operating system (for your personal computer).
- Click Download Quick Start Script.
- In the File Download pop-up, click Save File and save the file to your local computer.
- On your computer, open and run the file.
You can now view website files from your personal computer. You can also drag and drop files from your local drive to your website.
Microsoft Operating Systems
Connecting to Web Disk
With cPanel's release of version 11.38, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 users can now connect to Web Disk through an auto setup script (see instructions above) or a manual connection.
If you are running Windows XP or Windows Vista on your desktop, you may need to download a patch from Microsoft's website in order to use Web Disk.
Connecting to Web Disk with No SSL
If you use Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8 to access Web Disk over an unencrypted connection, cPanel requires that you enable Digest Authentication. If you have a signed SSL certificate for your domain, Digest Authentication is not necessary.
To enable Digest Authentication:
- Click Enable Digest Authentication. A confirmation dialog box will appear.
- Click OK.
To disable Digest Authentication:
- Click Disable Digest Authentication. A confirmation dialog box will appear.
- Click OK.
Mac OS X
How to connect with MacOS X:
- From the menu bar, select Go > Connect to Server.
- In the Server Address field, enter http://yourdomain:2077 (or https://yourdomain:2078)
- Click Connect button.
- In the WebDAV Authentication window, enter your username and password.
- Click OK. Your Web Disk space icon will then appear on the Desktop like any other disk or network drive.
- Double-click the icon to open it.
- The public_html folder will appear in your Web Disk space.