500 Internal Server Error when Installing Applications within Plesk - Windows Shared
If you are getting a 500 Internal Server Error after you install an application like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc. from within Plesk, then you may need to reset FastCGI on your account using the steps below.
The error would look similar to this:
For application install issues on Plesk for Windows, log into Plesk control panel. Then follow the steps pictured.
- Click on the Websites & Domains tab.
- Click on Hosting Settings next to the affected domain.
- Uncheck the box next to PHP Support.
- Click OK. This will take you back to the Websites & Domains tab.
- Click on Hosting Settings next to the affected domain again.
- Check the box next to PHP Support.
- Click OK again.
- Refresh your page (CTRL+F5).
If this does not solve your problem, please contact HostGator support via phone or Live Chat. Our Windows Administrators can enable detailed error logging in an effort to better determine causation of the error.