500 Internal Server Error when Installing Applications within Plesk - Windows Shared
Suppose you get a 500 Internal Server Error after installing an application like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc., from Plesk; you may need to reset FastCGI on your account using the steps below.
The error would look similar to this:
For application install issues on Plesk for Windows, log in to the Plesk control panel. Then follow the steps pictured.
- Click on the Websites & Domains tab.
- Click on Hosting Settings next to the affected domain.
- Scroll down to Web scripting and statistics, uncheck the box next to PHP Support.
- Click OK. This will take you back to the Websites & Domains tab.
- Click on Hosting Settings again.
- Check the box next to PHP Support.
- Click OK.
- Refresh your page (website) CTRL+F5).