Free SSL with 3rd Party Domains
- GATOR WEBSITE BUILDER CONTENT -
No worries if you already have a 3rd Party Domain name linked to your account. You might need to update the DNS at your current registrar to take advantage of the Free SSL with Gator. You can also transfer your domain name to your account with us so you can manage your DNS locally.
This article will explain what information you need to update at your current registrar so that your website will begin to display with "HTTPS," as well as how to transfer your domain to us. If you need to point your domain name to your Gator account, the process for doing so is relatively simple and can be viewed here:
Find New DNS @ Record:
- Log in to your Gator account and select Domains from the left-hand menu to verify a domain.
- On the new page, you'll see three areas:
- Add a new Domain: Register a new Local domain name.
- Connect a current domain: Link a new 3rd Party Domain.
- My Domains: To manage Local and Linked 3rd Party Domains.
- Scroll down to the My Domains section and click the domain you need to update.
- A new page will appear with your domain details and options. Locate steps 3 & 4, containing the information you need to take to your Domain Registrar to update your @ (or A ) Record.
- Next, once you've updated your record with your current domain host, allow 24 to 48 hours for the records to begin resolving.
Alternate Option: Transfer to Gator
Transferring your domain away from: