HostGator is seeking talented and motivated individuals looking to pursue a career in Windows system administration at one of the world's leading web hosting companies. HostGator currently has openings on the day, night, and graveyard shifts in its Houston, Texas location. Relocation assistance will be happily provided to candidates who meet the requirements and are willing and able to perform the following job description.
Please keep in mind this is a Web server administration position. All hardware is remote and will not be on any Active Directory domain. Knowledge of standard Web applications is a must.
- Monitor all Windows servers for performance issues and stability concerns.
- Administer web users and hosting accounts.
- Regular application installations, configurations, and day-to-day administration.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues as they arise.
- Work with Apache and IIS6 on a daily basis to support customers and ensure maximum uptime.
- Staying familiar with new versions of applications used on servers.
- Working with and troubleshooting all of the following, including, but not limited to: SMTP, SNMP, SNTP, POP, FTP, SSL, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS, telnet, SFTP, DNS, RDP, TCP, ICMP, and UDP.
- Use knowledge of each of the above listed technologies as related to the issue at hand.
- Use and maintain zone file for name servers.
- Work with basic applications and their ports: backup, MSSQL, MySQL.
- Work with permissions in Microsoft Server 2003.
- Setup and maintain Open Database Connectivity.
- Work with and troubleshoot FrontPage Extensions.
- Work with, troubleshoot, and diagnose ASP, ASP.NET, PHP, CGI, and Perl languages.
- Document issues and associated resolutions to problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Two or more years of Microsoft Web Server administration.
- Willing and able to cover other shifts if needed.
- Dependable to be at work during assigned shifts and to complete work as expected.
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changed environment and follow instructions from supervisors and senior colleagues.
- Experience with documenting procedures.
- Experience with a web hosting control panel.
- Experience with Plesk 7.5 or later is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with cPanel is a plus, but not required.
- Be willing to work with and learn Server 2008 and other technologies as they are released and implemented.
The essential functions of the job are to sit for long periods of time, use a keyboard, ten key and mouse for long periods of time, view a monitor for long periods of time, and communicate with customers over the phone for long periods of time. Are you able to perform the essential functions for the job you have applied for with or without reasonable accommodation?