Position: Technical Support Representative I
HostGator is seeking dedicated and motivated employees looking for a career in customer service / technical support and are looking to work with one of the world's leading web hosts and provide exceptional customer service on a consistent basis. HostGator currently has openings on the day, night and graveyard shifts in its Houston or Austin, Texas locations.
- Front line support via live chat and telephones.
- Troubleshooting a variety of technical and non-technical issues customers are having with their web hosting plans and services.
- Provide technical support for level one escalation issues via helpdesk.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changed environment and follow instructions from supervisors and senior colleagues.
- Outstanding customer service skills and a dedication to the customer service experience.
- Dependable to be at work during assigned shifts and to complete work as expected.
- Knowledge of FTP, DNS, cPanel and WHM preferred.
- Ability to multitask and meet specific goals set by supervisors and management.
- Experience with documenting procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic web hosting and technical procedures as needed.
The essential functions of the job are to sit for long periods of time, use a keyboard, ten key and mouse for long periods of time, view a monitor for long periods of time, and communicate with customers over the phone for long periods of time. Are you able to perform the essential functions for the job you have applied for with or without reasonable accommodation?