Position:Linux System Administrator I-III
HostGator is seeking talented and motivated individuals looking to pursue a career in Linux system administration at one of the world's leading web hosting companies. HostGator currently has openings on the day, night, and graveyard shifts in its Houston and Austin, Texas locations. Relocation assistance will be happily provided to candidates who meet the requirements and are willing and able to perform the following job description.
As a Level I Linux Administrator at Hostgator.com, you will be part of a team providing escalated issue support to our customers, including issues on our large shared infrastructure, VPS containers, and dedicated servers.
- Demonstrating the ability to diagnose complex customer application issues and provide quick and accurate solutions within a collaborative environment.
- Taking ownership of issues from identification through resolution.
- Providing technical support for Level I issues via helpdesk and the telephone.
- Providing fellow system administrators and support representatives with technical support and guidance.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Apache, MySQL, and Exim.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changed environment and follow instructions from supervisors and senior colleagues.
- Outstanding customer service skills and a dedication to the customer service experience.
- Dependable to be at work during assigned shifts and to complete work as expected.
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot scripting languages such as PHP, bash, and perl.
- Advanced knowledge of the cPanel/WHM control panel.
- Advanced knowledge of the Linux operating system.
- Knowledge of bash and perl shell scripting.
- Advanced knowledge of Apache, MySQL, and Exim.
- Flexible schedule.
The essential functions of the job are to sit for long periods of time, use a keyboard, ten key and mouse for long periods of time, view a monitor for long periods of time, and communicate with customers over the phone for long periods of time. Are you able to perform the essential functions for the job you have applied for with or without reasonable accommodation?