Push notifications are much like browser notifications, whenever you are installing a new mobile application on your phone, you will often be asked as to whether you would like to opt-in for push notifications. These notifications are simple alert messages that inform you about the latest entries from the platform that you signed up for, it could be news, new feature releases, or straightforward 'special' offers for you to take advantage of. The big upside of push notifications for mobile smartphones is that the feature is native to the phone itself, meaning that you can receive and read the received push notifications without having to interact with your phone; even when applications are closed and the phone itself is locked, you can still receive push notifications. WordPress is a leader in blogging, with millions upon millions of bloggers and ten times as much readers, and getting your latest blog posts out to users’ mobile devices as soon as they are published is a sure way of keeping your content engaged, and blog active.
URL shortening services are certainly not new to the web, platforms like TinyURL have been around for over a decade now and has successfully shortened hundreds of millions of URL's for its users. The web is being inundated with new websites and content management systems that utilize very complicated and difficult URL patterns. When Twitter was introduced to the World, it quickly had to adapt to its own URL shortener due to the fact that URLs would be too long to copy and paste in traditional manner.
Default: https://twitter.com/HostGator/status/638766536421830656 Shortened: http://t.co/kE1FfPFSohIt makes such a huge difference in the length of the URL, as well as the complexity of having to share it with your friends, relatives or coworkers. Other uses for URL shorteners, especially in the WordPress blogosphere, is the ability to mask affiliate links, a way for bloggers to earn revenue without having to directly expose their long affiliate marketing URLs, or we can mask our links from 3rd party affiliate sites that we are using on our blog, and rest assured that such techniques are completely safe in terms of their effects on your rankings. If you have been struggling with keeping up with your analytics data on certain links, perhaps you're having trouble really understand Google Analytics, you will be happy to know that URL shorteners usually provide a way to track your shortened links and their full statistics, when the link was clicked, and where, which can also help with understanding who else is sharing your links on the web. Bit.ly has the analytics platform narrowed down to perfection, definitely consider them as one of your first choices in learning more about modern link shortening.
Thursday, November 5, 2015 by Kevin Wood
Guest posting is an incredibly powerful tool to generate traffic and subscribers. In fact, guest blogging is one of the most effective free traffic strategies. However, a lot of people approach the guest blogging process in the wrong way. In order to get the most out of guest blogging you need to be posting on websites that have overlap with your ideal audience. Below you’ll find an exact strategy you can utilize time and time again to send new traffic and leads to your website.
What Is Guest Blogging?Guest blogging is the process of writing for high profile blogs and websites in your niche. Most often you guest blog for free. But, in return you can associate yourself with a high authority website to borrow authority, and can illustrate your value to your market. Guest blogging is an incredible way to build your authority and send qualified traffic your way through dropping backlinks throughout your post, or within your author byline.
What Are Your Guest Blogging GoalsBefore you start actively guest posting it’s important to define your goals. The last thing you want is to start guest posting on a regular basis only to see no result for your business. Are you looking to generate more traffic for your website? Are you trying to build authority and a name for yourself in your niche? Or, are you trying to build high-quality backlinks to grow your search engine rankings? Define what results you want to achieve for your business, and track every post you write, so you can refine your strategy over time.
Developing A Guest Blogging StrategyYour guest blogging efforts won’t succeed unless you have an actionable and trackable plan to follow. Below you’ll find a five--step process you can implement time and time again. 1. Build Up Your Online Persona or Platform Before you start guest blogging it’s important you take the time to build a solid online presence. You’ll need a solid foundation in the online space that you’re going to be sending qualified traffic to. 2. Identify Guest Blogging Opportunities When you’re identifying blogs to contribute to make sure they have a sizable audience and have at least some overlap with your niche. Obviously, the blogs you end up choosing will depend your niche and goals. The two processes below will help you build a targeted list of blogs to contribute to.
- Search Google for “[your niche] + guest blogging”, or “[your niche] write for us”
- Visit Alltop and select your niche for a list of high-quality blogs.
WordPress is home to hundreds of millions of bloggers, the idea that it wouldn't be a huge target for hackers is nothing short of ignorant. WordPress is constantly being targeted by both low-profile and high-profile security pentesters who may want to exploit the platform for either personal benefit, or for getting an official reward, though the latter is rarely the case. Security can be seen in many different ways, but the type you will usually experience when dealing with WordPress is called web security. Web security possesses the ability to put your whole web file system at risk by having vulnerabilities that haven't been properly understood and prevented. However, preventing attacks from previously unknown vulnerabilities is next to impossible, which is why we need to look elsewhere. Some of the best security protection for WordPress comes from using professional security plugins. A security plugin can help to prevent unauthorized access, as well as log threatening events, it can even completely disable access to your sensitive parts of your website, and you can be the only person in charge of enabling them back. Lets take a look at the top three WordPress security plugins on the market.
1. Sucuri SecuritySucuri is a well-known and established name in the world of WordPress (and general web) security. The Sucuri Security plugin has been built to reflect the latest developments in web security, so as to ensure that all WordPress bloggers have their blogs safe and secure. Sucuri plugin will help you to monitor the activity of your logs and outline potential security risks, the plugin comes equipped with a versatile malware scanner that will remove any malware on daily basis, on top of that it will integrate a number of security practices that will make it next to impossible for hackers to break into your blog. Click here to download Sucuri.
2. BulletProof SecurityBulletProof is very likely to be the most sophsisticated WordPress security plugin, with an amount of features that no other plugin has been able to match, and most likely never will. Is this a good thing? Well, it depends. The BulletProof Security plugin does a lot of things besides securing your WordPress blog, it will help you optimize your sites performance, and you will be able to take advantage of features such as .htaccess security, database backup security, and security precautions for all logged-in users. (Cookie based.) It's highly recommended that you spend some time reading the full list of features on the official plugin page, and decide for yourself whether this plugin is something you'd like to work with. Click here to download BulletProof.
3. Wordfence SecurityThe first thing Wordfence will do after you install the plugin, is to instantly check your site against possible malware threats. The way Wordfence does it, is that it takes the official WordPress source-code and checks it against your own current version on the server, including for themes and plugins. The output is a list of potential threats which you can then terminate, so you don't have to worry about custom plugin and theme changes being classified as threats. This security plugin will not only make your site significantly faster, you will also be pleased to know that the plugin is open-source and anyone can contribute to its success. Click here to download Wordfence.
Your homepage is a landing page, your product features page is a landing page, even the pricing page is a landing page. Any page that features call-to-action buttons to signup as a customer can be considered a landing page, but certainly others are more concise and specific than the rest. Typically it is the product's main feature page that gets the most optimization care, because that's the page that drives the most sales, based on the fact that it has an actionable intention. Landing page optimization is all about User Experience and User Interface, although our product can be amazing and solve a lot of problems for our customers, a poorly executed landing page will not drive the same amount of leads that a fully optimized landing page would. And what is the criteria for a good landing page anyway?
1. Setup an analytics platformGoogle Analytics is a good start, it will give you all the necessary insight about your visitors and some of their demographic information, but for more concise analytics it's best to look into specifically built marketing solutions that can analyze data such as user live interaction, their browsing history on your landing pages, as well as their potential previous interactions with your landing page. All of which will give you a much more broad and clear understanding of how your landing page is being used.
2. Optimize for salesThere's little to no value in optimizing a landing page for search engines, if the landing page doesn't perform well in front of live visitors. Search optimization is only a means of acquiring new and organic visitors, what happens next is their live experience with the landing page that you're offering. If the experience is poor, so will be the number of sales. The best way to go about optimizing for sales is to understand basic principles of UX and UI, GoodUI is one such resource that offers several dozens of concise User Experience and User Interface tips that will let you optimize your landing pages for maximum conversion potential.
3. Remember the basics"What problem are you trying to solve with your service and whose problem is that exactly? The answers to these questions will help you identify who your target audience is. And once you’ve found that out, you then need to spend every waking moment researching on what exactly your audience wants." - Fahad Muhammad Your first landing page will be bad, there's no other way to go about it. Mistakes will be made, and changes will need to be done on almost daily basis, until some time a solid landing page forms and you can begin to start testing its performance. However, we have to emphasize the fact that all landing pages share common traits, components that make a landing page what it is, and without these components, the customer can easily get lost:
- Headline, and sub-headline (optional).
- Description that explains the value behind the offer.
- A self-explanatory image to reflect the product.
- A number of elements that portray quotes and/or testimonials.
- A form that can be used to gather visitors details. (pre-sales)
4. Limit the navigation optionsThe job of a landing page is to keep the visitors attention focused on the copy of the landing page and what it is trying to offer, having a full-blown navigation menu available at the top of the page might be used as a means of exiting the page and thus eliminating any possibility of a sale to happen. This can also be seen as distraction. If you're serious about making sales and increasing conversion rates with your landing page, get rid of the menu and see what happens!
5. Social proofOne of the best ways to optimize a landing page is by enabling social proof. This can come in forms of testimonials, quotes and case studies that come from your existing customers. You might be wondering, how do I gain access to these? The best way is to reach out to your existing customers and ask them kindly to do some reviews for you so that you can use them on your landing page. This has been a proven technique for increasing sales through your landing page by the means of establishing credibility.