Google AdWords Coupon Promotion Code | HostGator Blog

HostGator Blog!

Web Hosting Made Easy!

Blog / Promotions

Google AdWords Coupon Promotion Code

Monday, March 16, 2009 by

12/27/2010 Update: The Google AdWords Coupon code for HostGator Shared clients is now $100!

10/12/2009 Update: The Google AdWords Coupon code for HostGator Shared clients is now $50 (used to be $25)! Reseller coupons coming soon.

Google AdWord Logo

Ever run a Google search and notice the “sponsored listings” around the search results? Ever click one of those sponsored links? It’s likely that you have already visited a link that was advertised through the Google AdWords program and now HostGator is giving its shared web hosting customers the opportunity get started with Google AdWords by giving them $25 $50 $100 in free marketing credits*.

HostGator has partnered up with the Google AdWords pay-per-click (PPC) advertising program and is now offering an AdWords Coupon voucher good for $25 $50 $100 in credit with all Hatchling, Baby, and Business shared web hosting plans.

What is Google AdWords?

Google AdWords is a pay-per-click advertising program by Google. With AdWords, advertisers can promote their website’s products and services on’s search results in the “sponsored links” section. Quality ad text and relevant keyword buys will give you an edge over your competitors. And with AdWords, you can set your own budget and change your campaigns at any time – there are no commitments or spending requirements of any kind.

We at HostGator currently use Google AdWords for our own internal marketing efforts, and we truly believe that most businesses can benefit from the highly targeted traffic that this program can yield.

Great, how do I sign up?

New and old HostGator customers on qualifying plans can redeem the coupon code by visiting their HostGator control panel, navigating to the “Google AdWords Offer” link on the left hand side and clicking the “redeem now” link. It’s as simple as that.

If you don’t already have a HostGator web hosting account, take a look at our Shared Web Hosting plans, sign up today, and get started promoting your site!

* (the fine print our lawyers asked us to include): To read the terms and conditions as well as to learn more, visit the HostGator Google AdWords Coupon page.

• Ben
    16 March 2009 at 3:50 pm

So I take it his isn’t for Resellers?

• Chad Bean
    16 March 2009 at 4:03 pm

@ Ben
    We’re running this for our shared clients for now, but intend to make this available to our Resellers in the near future.

• David
    19 March 2009 at 12:16 am

Thanks for the credit!

• Elijah
    19 March 2009 at 2:04 am

This is one of the many reasons why you guys are the best! Plain and simple.

• Stella
    19 March 2009 at 6:56 am

I am impressed by the way HG is promoting its services and offering members even more facilities. I am signing up for the campaign.

Thanks for sharing!

• Irfan Pathan
    20 March 2009 at 1:34 am

Hi i am reseller of hostgator. My client’s also demanding Google AdWords. So it isn’t for Resellers?

• Stephen Kriso
    20 March 2009 at 8:28 am

Great idea! I’d like it if it were available in the reseller accounts so that my clients could benefit from it.

I have used several hosting providers and by far Hostgator has been the best in service and function.

• Hostgator coupon code
    28 March 2009 at 6:07 am

Well… that is pretty nice, although it’s not for resellers.

Anyway i was thinking what a reseller would do with $25? Maybe something like $50/$100 for resellers that pay in advance for a year. It seems there are no discounts for paying a reseller account in advance. Or probably they are not emphasized.

• Marketing Business Review
    6 April 2009 at 1:59 pm

Is there a due date to redeem this coupon? I am already a Hostgator customer, but I have never redeemed this coupon.

• Douglas
    6 April 2009 at 4:35 pm

The coupon expires on 12/31/2009.

• Manish Jain
    16 April 2009 at 6:13 am

I am using Google adwords account. Can i apply a promotional code now?

• alan
    19 April 2009 at 10:23 am

i ever use adword coupon to open adword account , can i know whether can i redeem this coupon with same credit card to open another adword account?

• Chad Bean
    22 April 2009 at 12:02 pm

If you have an existing AdWords account, it looks like the AdWords coupon must be applied within 15 days of opening it.

Google TOS: Promotional credit must be applied to a new AdWords account within 15 days of creating the account and is valid only for new Google AdWords customers with self-managed signup accounts.

• Whitney Segura
    8 June 2009 at 5:04 pm

Hey, I was wondering if I could get a new promo code, I am a customer of Host Gator and have been for almost a year now. Please, email me back asap, thanks for the help.

Whitney Segura

• Chad Bean
    9 June 2009 at 11:27 am

@Whitney : You should be able to get the AdWords Coupon code in your account’s cPanel. Keep in mind that it’s only valid if you have a new AdWords account (opened within 15 days). If you need help, please contact sales[@] w/ subject “ATTN: Chad”

• Roger
    13 June 2009 at 8:07 pm

I received this promo in the mail. From the promo it’s unclear if it was sent by HostGator or by Google.

I sincertainly hope that you did NOT share my information with Google.

It took a long time to find a hosting company that doesn’t resell my personal information, and so far it looked like HostGator was the ticket; no email spam and no mail spam. (I’m using an email address that only HostGator has, so I know when I’m getting spam where it comes from)

If HostGator did not share my info (and I’m still assuming that this is the case), then I have no complaints; as a matter of fact, I’d like to endorse you!

So far nothing but trouble-free great service!

• Chad Bean
    15 June 2009 at 11:29 am

@Roger: Glad you’re happy with the hosting service. You’re correct in assuming that HostGator did not sell or give out any of your account’s info to Google.

• Chad Bean
    14 July 2009 at 6:47 pm

@cathy: Currently the AdWords coupons are only good for U.S. and Canadian clients. I hope to extend this offer to other countries in the future. We have many clients in the Philippines, so this would hopefully be one of our targets.

• maria denzel
    16 August 2009 at 9:05 pm

Please i need this google adword code ok. so how can i get one.

• pokies
    11 September 2009 at 7:33 pm

So if I open multiple shared hosting accounts, each account is eligible for one voucher or you only get one voucher overall?

• NewBanners
    19 September 2009 at 4:57 am

If it expires 12/31/2009, does this mean that the credit of $25 will also expire on that date, or does it just mean that I need to activate the account and code by that date, and the $25 will remain applied (beyond 12/31/2009) until it is spent on the campaign?

• Cuailean
    13 October 2009 at 9:34 am

Hi,I just signed up for Hostgator Baby, as a newbie developer, and am just getting started with my first site.

So far I’m very pleased with everything at Hostgator except that one of the perks I was promised – the Adwords voucher – can’t be used. I am in UK so was very disappointed to find this perk of using your service didn’t apply to me.

Will you be offering Adword vouchers for UK anytime soon? I have not signed up for Adwords acc. yet and would rather wait until I can use your voucher if one is coming in the not too distant future for UK customers. Thanks, Cuailean

• Anthony
    14 October 2009 at 12:18 am

Is there any chance of ever getting these vouchers for countries other than the USA? We are not from there but are still a customer.

Thanks Ant

• Chad Bean
    21 October 2009 at 8:05 pm

For the coupon expiration, you’ll want to redeem it by 12/31/2009.

As far as AdWords coupons & vouchers outside of Canada and the U.S. — I’ve contacted Google about this. If I can make it happen, I’ll update this blog post. Thanks!

• Michael I
    29 October 2009 at 9:18 pm

Any response from Google regarding coupons outside US / Canada ?

• Patti
    22 November 2009 at 12:08 am

What about dedicated customers like me?

• inas
    7 December 2009 at 6:21 am

awww .. i hope i can find one .. the search still on ;)

• freelancing career
    18 February 2010 at 5:42 am

hope to find my code soon as i am a new subscriber to hostgator….

• Paul
    8 March 2010 at 11:30 pm

Is this only for new adword accounts or can we apply them to an already established account.

• 4ndr1
    27 May 2010 at 10:16 pm

thanks man…i hope someday i’ll buy web hosting on hostgator

• ferry
    24 July 2010 at 10:41 pm

I’m starting gator cpanel and found 100$ addword redem, then follow the instruction but I am bit confusing about the coupon code, where can i found it. I’ve activated the user but can not find the promotion code.
    please help

thanks in advance

• online pokies
    26 July 2010 at 7:21 am

This is fantastic, thanks very much, very helpful for a lot of people.

I was able to use the voucher with no issues at all.

• Caresse
    10 December 2010 at 3:46 am

What about dedicated customers like me?

• Anthurium
    10 February 2011 at 7:53 pm

Sweet! Thanks for the awesome promo code!

• James
    3 March 2011 at 12:28 pm

We used this promotion to start an account a few month ago. Since then we have had some questions, but absolutely can’t get them answered. After the first month your service rep will be unavailable to you. We spend $900/month with Google AdWords. After patiently trying “online help” I couldn’t get a question answered. I called the number they publish for help from a real person. That person told me he could only help set up a new account and nobody at Google could answer my question. This even though I was calling the published customer assistance number. HE THEN HUNG UP ON ME. I’m angry and hurt and seriously considering whether rewarding Google with over $10,000/year of our hard earned money is a wise business practice. Wow.

• Eric
    4 March 2011 at 5:12 pm
  • Robert Honda
    8 June 2011 at 2:17 am

Are clients from last year 2010 covered with this promo? I didn’t know about this and don’t see any redeem coupon on our control panel. Thanks for the heads up mate! I’ll also ask about it on hostgator

• Robert
    13 October 2011 at 8:47 pm

I need this adword code. so how can I get one. You have $100.00 with hostgator account? is that posible…

• Anonymous
    21 October 2011 at 11:20 pm

• Riya Johan
    18 November 2011 at 6:09 am
  • Nishant Arora
    21 November 2011 at 7:54 am
  • Home for sale blog
    10 January 2012 at 5:12 pm

Hi – Would this code still valid?

• Klima Servisi